Visitors to the ESDS website will, from today, find a new way to search and browse for data collections and other materials.
Discovery, a new faceted search and browse interface, has been released in beta form so it can be improved and refined with user interaction and feedback. It will run alongside the existing Data Catalogue search while it is still in beta; links to Discovery can be found from the Data Catalogue.
The aim of Discovery is to make data discovery easier and more streamlined for all users of the new UK Data Service. Discovery expands not only the ways in which users can search, but also the types of things that they can search for.
It offers visitors the chance to search and browse for a variety of data-related materials:
- data collections disseminated via the UK Data Service
- the contents of ESRC Data Store
- case studies showing how the data have been used
- support guides showing how to use the data
- publications and outputs associated with the data
Discovery (beta) can be accessed from the following link: http://beta-discovery.data-service.ac.uk/