Suggested schema change
To enable encoding of detailed grant information supplied to ANDS by funders, this proposal recommends the following terms be added to the RIF-CS description type vocabulary used in Activity records.
● fundingAmount - for an activity registry object of type ‘grant’ a description element of this type will contain the total amount of funding in Australian dollars approved by the funder for this particular research grant. It can also be used for activity records of type ‘project’ or ‘program’ supplied by a research institution or agency, where it would contain the total project budget if this information is available.
● fundingScheme - For an activity registry object of type ‘grant’, a description element of this type should contain the funding scheme under which the research funding was awarded. The major funders, ARC and NHMRC, use funding schemes to categorise the type of grant and this is an important filtering facet for those analysing research grant information.
● researchers - In the case of activity registry objects of type ‘grant’, this should contain the list of persons participating as a Chief Investigator, Partner Investigator or Fellow. This description type should only be used if the nature of the grant data supplied to ANDS prevents the creation of linked related party records for these researchers.
1. RAB CC-1092 description type vocab terms.docx - document detailing the proposed change
2. activitySearchResults v0.2.png - mockup of the grant/project search results page (draft and still subjec to change prior to implementation