Service Release 8.1 is scheduled for general availability on the 15th of August 2012. The release includes a number of bug fixes based on feedback received through the service desk, and also an enhancement to the ANDS Harvester. The below bullet points briefly describe each change. If you require any further information or have any feedback, please feel free to contact email@example.com Research Data Australia
- Logos are now properly displayed in the Connections box in Research Data Australia.
- Temporal coverage of type text is now being displayed correctly in Research Data Australia.
- ANDS Suggested Links is now correctly displaying links to party records which contain identical identifiers.
- The reverse relationship display issue in the Connections box of Research Data Australia has been corrected.
- Months and days included in temporal coverage dates are now displayed correctly in Research Data Australia.
- Display of multiple relations in the Connections box in Research Data Australia for the same record is now available.
- Maps are now displaying correctly (centered) for spatial coverage points in Research Data Australia.
- Record providers will have the ability to select from three Advanced Harvest Modes to change the behaviour of the ANDS Harvester . These harvest modes include:
1 - Standard - will harvest all records from the data source feed (this will become the default mode)
2 - Incremental - will use OAI-PMH to support harvesting on a “from and until” basis. This means that the Harvester will only add new records that have been created or modified “from” the last harvest date, “until” the date of the new harvest.
3 - Refresh - will consider the latest Harvest to be the "complete set of records" and remove all previously harvested records that are no longer in the feed. Records created manually using the Add Registry Object screens will not be removed.
- The “Incremental” harvest mode will only function correctly with OAI-PMH providers that correctly support the “from and until” parameters as per the OAI-PMH Specification.
- For existing providers, the mode will be set to "Incremental" (which has identical behaviour to the current harvester).
- Any new providers will have the mode default to "Standard". ANDS strongly recommends that providers who support OAI-PMH Incremental Harvesting should update the Advanced Harvest Mode to "Incremental" to ensure that their harvests perform optimally.
- Harvester will ignore multiple copies of the same record (i.e. multiple records with identical keys) when they are received in the same harvest. The first record will be harvested and any duplicates found in that same harvest will be ignored.
- 'Delete All' functionality within the Data Source Account will be disabled for Data Source Administrators. Users will no longer require this option as the "Refresh" mode will provide similar behaviour for the most common use case (emptying and completely updating a data source). All other requests to delete all records within a data source or remove the data source entirely should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cite My Data Service
- Cite My Data ‘Get DOI’ service point now correctly responds in the requested response format.
- Cite My Data service allows parallel minting of test and production DOI prefixes.
For any comment or question, please email email@example.com