If you have recently received a mail from ARCS (through firstname.lastname@example.org
) informing you that your institution is now a member of AAF, it is important that you migrate your AuEduPersonSharedToken from the ARCS IdP to your home institution's IdP. This migration will allow you to have continuous access to the manual records you have uploaded and to identifiers or handles you have minted using your ARCS IdP account.
How to port your SharedToken value from your previous Identity Provider to YOUR INSTITUTION Identity Provider:
1. Close your current browser sessions and open a new browser session.
2. Visit ARCS Access Service and select your existing account Identity Provider from Select your identity provider list (select ARCS IdP).
3. You will be redirected to the login page of your existing Identity Provider (ARCS IdP). Please enter your username and password to log in to ARCS Access Service (if this is the first time you access ARCS Access Service, you have to register first in order to obtain your digitally-signed ARCS IdP sharedToken)
4. Once you have successfully logged in to the ARCS Access Service, open the "Your Account" page and click on the "signed PDF" link beneath your displayed SharedToken value. Save this PDF document, your SharedToken Ownership Statement, to your local machine.
5. Email this PDF document to your institution's IdP contact or Helpdesk (If you do not know who your IdP Administrator is, or you do not know who to send the sharedToken for migration, please follow the "How to get instruction for migration" below)
Once you've ported your SharedToken value to your institution IdP, please visit https://services.ands.org.au/home/orca
and login using your institution's IdP account to check your access.
NOTE: You should be able to manage your previously entered manual records or handles.
We also recommend that you do the following after the migration:
1. Cease accessing ANDS Online Services via your existing IdP. Instead, only access via your institution.
2. Advise your existing IdP institution that you have ported your SharedToken to your institution via their HelpDesk.
How to get instruction for migration:
1. Access https://access.arcs.org.au/user/editAccount.html.
2. Select your home institution (e.g. Australian National University)
3. Enter your institution's identity provider account and password (e.g. u1234567, password 'abc123')
4. Select " I have an existing account".
5. Click on "Email instructions".
You will then receive an email with the "How to port your SharedToken" instruction and the email address of the contact person in your institution. Just follow the instruction and you should be able to access your records using your new AAF account.
This instruction is also available at ANDS Online Services News and can be accessed from the ANDS homepage.
NOTE: The upcoming ANDS Software Release 6.1 will allow access to users with valid AAF account only. If your institution is not yet a member of AAF, please get an ARCS IdP account soon.
If you have any question regarding the migration, please contact email@example.com
or please email firstname.lastname@example.org
. for further assistance.